PHILADELPHIA — On Tuesday, April 28, PCHR will lead hundreds in recognizing and celebrating individuals and organizations from across the city and region who work in their daily capacity to improve the quality of life for all.
The 2015 PCHR Awards will honor a variety of civic and social leaders, from the public, private and nonprofit sectors at the Arts Ballroom, 1324 Locust Street, Philadelphia, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The complete list of this year’s honorees:
- Bishop Dwayne Royster and Philadelphians Organized to Witness, Empower and Rebuild (POWER), Clarence Farmer Sr. Service Award recipients
- Gloria Casarez, former LGBT affairs director for the City of Philadelphia (posthumously), Sadie T.M. Alexander Leadership Award recipient
- Lt. Joyce Craig (posthumously), PCHR Chairman’s Award recipient
- Adrienne Simpson, PCHR Chairman’s Award recipient
- Ellen Somekawa, PCHR Executive Director’s Award recipient
Art-Reach, PCHR Award for Arts and Culture
- Kelvyn Anderson, executive director of the Philadelphia Police Advisory Commission, PCHR Award for Public Safety
- Philadelphia CeaseFire, PCHR Award for Community Service
- Steven Seibel and TC Shillingford of Broad Street Ministry, PCHR Award for Nonprofit Stewardship
- Rosa’s Pizza, PCHR Award for Corporate Responsibility
- Officer Juan “Ace” Delgado, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- Gearing Up, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- Officer Gary Harkins, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- Officer Nokisha Jacobs, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- The Rev. Frank Lettko, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- Linda Toia, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- The Rev. Frank Toia, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- Marsha Wall, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- Officer Tina Willis, PCHR Community Excellence Award
- Regina Young, PCHR Community Excellence Award
You can still join Mayor Michael A. Nutter, PCHR leadership and other notables at this event, as well as jam with great sounds from members of the Philadelphia Clef Club’s Youth Jazz Ensemble, explore a silent auction packed with goodies, enjoy great food and even better company. Tickets are $75 and are still available for purchase here.
PCHR also would like to thank its generous sponsors for helping to make this event possible:
The Graham Company
The Arts Ballroom
Kearsley Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Sarah Ricks, Esq.
Hangley Aronchick Segal Pudlin and Schiller
Orthodox Auto Company
The Philadelphia Foundation
Society Hill Congregation
Gateway Health Systems
Chamber of Commerce
Jerner & Palmer, P.C.
Liberty Resources Inc.
Philadelphia Committee for
United Bank of Philadelphia
Cashman & Associates
Hard Rock Café
Joy Tsin Lau
Office of Mayor Michael A. Nutter
Philadelphia Theater Co.
Philadelphia Mural Arts
Reading Terminal Market
Andre Richard Salon
The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
Sang Kee restaurants
List as of April 22, 2015